Saturday, October 02, 2004

What's this all felt like?

When I decided to stand for election, the words people used were BRAVE and COURAGEOUS. What I have felt is amazing ENCOURAGEMENT and SUPPORT.

It's been a huge job. Without John's constant terrier-like action, I would have been floundering.

To see our democratic system in action from the other side has been an amazing privilege. To be part of the forums run by the Australian Christian Lobby and the Victorian Farmers Federation has been eye-opening. I hope I never turn into a "politician". I think a fresh approach to our parliamentary process is what we need.

I have been so fortunate for the way people have come on board who have been so willing to make endless phonecalls, offer to take on jobs, make uplifting comments, and even cook meals so I am free to concentrate on the last minute details.

Thanks for your interest and support.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home