Saturday, October 02, 2004

What do I hope to achieve?

To be elected to the House of Reps would be in the realm of "miracle". Our son asked me, if I get elected, would we buy him a PlayStation 2 or an XBox. Without hesitation, I said: "Yes!"

Even so - in the event of a miracle, we are quite prepared to turn our household upside down so I can be the best local candidate possible.

I am standing because, to our family, it's important to take the opportunities when they arise - to speak up when you have the chance.

And we really want to give YOU the opportunity to vote for this minor party first to reduce the level of complacency of the major parties towards families and to make our democracy function better - especially here in Corangamite.

Let's make a statement to the major parties that the middle ground for families is being neglected by the major parties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home